Approved by the Institution of Safety and Health – This internationally recognised course provides a highly regarded level of accreditation which is widely accepted as a transferable level of attainment in health and safety.
Who the IOSH Managing Safely Course is for?
Managing Safely is for non-expert health and safety personnel who have to manage risk and resources and will benefit anyone with responsibility for health and safety such as:
• Premises managers
• Personnel managers
• Administration managers
• Facilities managers
• Operating managers
• To be able to apply basic management principles and practices to health and safety issues as part of a total management strategy.
• Set achievable health and safety objectives and plan and implement a course of action to achieve those objectives.
• Recognise health and safety hazards present in the workplace.
• Carry out and record basic assessments of the risks associated with workplace hazards, and recommend suitable control measures.
• Take account of the risks arising from ergonomic factors in the workplace.
• Ensure that adequate information, training and supervision is provided for employees.
• How to investigate an accident or incident involving injury or damage to determine the causes and take appropriate actions.
This intensive course concentrates on bringing managers and supervisors up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to make sure that their teams are operating safely.
Managing Safely is highly interactive, keeping delegates fully involved at every stage of the course. The presentation uses exclusive animation, an in-depth workbook, quizzes, a board game and a full range of assessments and model answers.
Importantly, Managing Safely gets people thinking about health and safety as more than just something they have to deal with as part of their job.
Despite the subject being about serious issues the course is done in a fun way to keep managers interested. That way they will enjoy learning and remember what they have learned.
The course provides delegates with the ability to tackle health & safety issues in the workplace through the application of recognised management principles.
The IOSH Managing Safely Course is designed to give managers all they need to know to help them handle health and safety in their teams. The flexible high impact programme covers all the main health and safety issues, and includes a session on tackling the environment.
The course consists of eight modules:
• Introducing Managing Safely
• Assessing risks
• Controlling risks
• Understanding your responsibilities
• Identifying hazards
• Investigating accidents and incidents
• Measuring performance
• Protecting our environment
Assessment and Certification
Course delegates will be given a short test on the last day which includes multiple choice questions and short written answers. They will also be asked to carry out a practical assessment in their own workplace. This assessment must be returned to the tutor within 14 days in order for the delegate to be awarded their IOSH Certificate in “Managing Safely”.
The course consists of four days work which can be taken in four consecutive days of the same week or one day a week over four weeks.
This comprehensive course is approved by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).